Ears are the important part of senses. The hearing ability of species solely depends on the sound health of ears. Along with other sensory organs, ear plays a crucial role in guiding species and directing their actions in everyday life. Ears are the important part of senses. The hearing ability of species solely depends on the sound health of ears. Along with other sensory organs, ear plays a crucial role in guiding species and directing their actions in everyday life.
As a pet parent, maintaining sound health of your pet’s hearing system becomes mandatory, given the hostile environment he is exposed to.
A pet with ear infection possesses the following symptoms to be taken seriously.
• Itchy ears
• Scratching area surrounding his ear, often with the help of furniture, etc
• Unguided movements
• Head shaking
• Odor in the ear
Pet with above symptoms needs urgent medical treatment. Negligence can lead to complete hearing loss. Ear mites, flea allergy dermatitis, excessive build up of wax, etc are the usual suspects in the development of ear problem in pets.
Given the dangers associated with hearing loss and the plethora of other diseases that comes with ear infection, it is better to take preventive measures to safeguard your pet’s ear.
Below suggestions, if taken into account can have a positive impact on the hearing health of your pet.
• Make it a rule to clean your pet’s ear regularly, at least once in a week
• Thoroughly vacuum your house once in a month to make it insects free
• Ensure clean indoor and outdoor environment, giving ear mites no chance to survive and breed
• An ear cleaning solution like Epi-Otic or Oticlear solution for dogs and cats is a panacea for multiple ear problems
• Natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agents such as coconut oil or a drop of olive oil can provide the needed nourishments to your pet’s ears
• Routine vet visits for ear check-ups
In addition to above suggestions, always use cotton ball in cleaning your pet ears. Handle your pet ears carefully, especially while dealing with the inner part of the ear. You can take the help of groomer to ensure things run smoothly.