There are a plethora of pet products that get rid of fleas, but due to some reason, a few pet parents are skeptical about using such products. Perhaps the reason could that these products contain chemicals or maybe because these products can emit certain side effects. Whatever may be the reason; we totally understand these pet parents. Thus, there ought to be an alternative for this; which is, getting rid of fleas the natural way. Eliminating fleas naturally is as good as using chemical products minus the side effects and hefty costs.
Getting Rid of Fleas the Natural Way
Keeping the above in mind and helping you curb your expenses; the following natural ways of getting rid of fleas can be opted.
- Nothing Like A Good Old Bath – Whether you prefer flea products or natural remedies to treat fleas, giving your pet a bath is a must. Infect, it is a necessity. Bathing your pet at least once a week helps keep his fur in top shape and also washes away fleas that cling onto the fur (that’s if your buddy has fleas, of course). Though baths don’t normally get rid of 100% fleas, they are pretty effective.
- Brush Fur Using A Flea Comb – Another natural way of brushing fleas away is to use a flea comb. These teethed combs help in the removal of fleas from the pet’s body. Furthermore, flea combs work better after bathing your pal because the wet fur helps in fleas dropping off easily. Moreover, flea combs should be used at least three to four times at once for better results.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse – After bathing your pal, an apple cider vinegar rinse is something pet parents can opt for. Apple Cider Vinegar balances your pet’s pH and that’s something fleas loathe. So, rinsing your pet with Apple Cider Vinegar after its bath can help flea fleas away.
Here’s how you can make the Apple Cider Vinegar rinse:
- Mix 4 ounces of warm water with 6 ounces of apple cider vinegar.
- Add ¼ tsp of sea salt and shake the contents thoroughly.
- Spray the liquid all over your pal’s fur, excluding the eyes.
- Add ½ tsp (per 25lbs) of this solution to your buddy’s meal every day.
While getting rid of fleas in your pet is important, taking measures to keep your house environment clean is equally important too. Ensure that you vacuum thoroughly and do whatever it takes to keep your home flea-free. This will go a long way in preventing flea re-infestations in your buddy and at the same time, protect you as well.